Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Great Grandma's Passing

The 31st of May 2008 marked a very sad day for our family. My maternal grandmother has finally been called back unto God's embrace.

Her passing caught me a little off guard as I had just saw her the day before and she could even smile at Sarah in recognition. She was alot weaker when I visited her two days earlier at the hospital.

The past weekend had been a flurry of activities to send her off on her final journey. We cremated her yesterday. The heartbreaking part was the painful sadness I see in my grandfather's face. He shed tears quietly throughout the 3 days as we all rallied around him. My grandparents were married for 64 years. It must really be heartwrenching to lose one's partner of so many years.

I will be certain to honour my grandma's memories through the stories that I will tell my girls. They need to know how my Mama used to care for me when I was a child. I hope that they will learn to love their own grandparents as much as I love mine, in turn.

Mama, may you carry on praying and keeping watch over us, from heaven. I will miss you very much and will keep you always in my prayers. I love you mama.

No comments: