Friday, August 01, 2008

Sarah Mae @ Two and a Half Years Old

Sarah Mae is growing up so rapidly these couple of months. She's speaking very well- very much like an adult. All in, she is a pretty well behaved child. Recently, she's starting to test our patience in terms of obeying instructions. I wonder if this is prevalent in all children her age.

I notice that she will listen to me if I explain out my rationale to her when I need her to do certain things. Caning does not work. I have experienced that first hand on Monday. We had some 'power struggle' incident relating to her eating her lunch properly, and it resulted in me caning her for not listening and behaving. Nothing good came out of it. She ended up feeling her first pangs of 'hating' me (she wanted to exchange her mummy with someone else). And I ended up hurting because it always suck having to hit one's child.

Well, I'm not using the cane ever again. Naughty corner is fine for now.

Meantime, I have to pray for patience. Plenty of patience.

No comments: