Thursday, August 03, 2006

Sick Babies



Sarah's awfully sick with a REALLY bad case of cold. Today's the third day already and she doesn't look anywhere near recovering. My heart really aches each time she cries out in pain due to her sore throat, or whenever she tries to take that really laboured breath through her nose. She struggles when it comes to taking her medication and vomits right after. I think my poor baby is looking quite run down. She does not eat her meals, rarely drinks her milk and vomits. Surefire way of losing weight. =( To make matters a little more tricky, my other baby (Gerry)is sick too. Keeping my fingers crossed that I won't be next.

The nightmare begins at night. The first night, I practically had to stay awake the entire night. She keeps fussing because of her blocked nose and will wake up every 15 minutes, unless I pat her back to sleep. Not an easy task considering the Other Baby breaking into fits of cough throughout the night.

She started wailing around 3am and wouldn't stop till I rocked her back to sleep (I had to walk around the room at the same time). And I could not even sit down till 6am. *faint*

I don't know how I'm managing - but it's really miraculous that I haven't lost my temper with her when I had to repeat it the second night.

I guess one of the most amazing thing about motherhood is your sudden newfound burst of patience and willpower. I had neither when I was a swinging single. What can I say, it's a miracle.

Well, I'm really hoping that she'll get better REALLY soon. We're flying off to Jakarta tomorrow till next Wednesday. Hoping that she'll enjoy her first trip overseas.

3 comments:

Caleb said...

hang in there ya...
Hopefully Sarah recovers soon.

Ditzy said...

Oh that's awful... I hope your babies will recover soon...

Ditzy said...

I recommend that you get one of those humidifers for sarah... they are great for stuffy/ blocked noses... will help her breathe easier