Monday, June 21, 2010

Sarah and Sonia




Time goes by impossibly fast when one is not keeping track. My 2 baby girls have grown into little girls now. Both are extremely charismatic individuals and show budding promise in getting their way in life when they grow up. #1 is pretty in an exquisite porcelain way - her mannerisms are very much dainty and lady-like, whilst #2 is pretty in a burst-of-sunshine way - her mannerisms are cheerful, loud and gregarious. Both contrasting and yet they play and get along very well together.

I thank God for blessing me with these 2 angels everyday ; I kick myself hard every time I act out my impatience, anger or dissatisfaction on them through shouting, snapping or even spanking, sometimes. My prayers are always for me to be more patient, loving and kind.

It is an extremely difficult task to be a better mother, especially when modern life expects so much from a woman nowadays. Not easy when one has to juggle work, household responsibilities, parental duties and now pregnancy to boot! I am thankful for Gerry who tries his best to help me whenever he is not out of town and I am thankful for my helper Genevieve who has become my right-hand woman in the running of my household. I wonder how households without helpers fare - I wonder how harried and stretched out the mummies of those homes are. And thinking about that, never fails to make me doubly thankful and grateful for my husband and helper. Still, I cannot help but wish for more time in a day for me to catch up on my life and to rest, sometimes. Oh, if life could go by much less hectic and stress-free!

I realize the extent the change that I have gone through ever since I embark on this journey of becoming a mother - I have actually evolved into a person much more resilient in life and only because if I were any less resilient, my children, my husband, my home might fall apart and get hurt. It is amazing how having a family and children can change a person. I am still a little awed at how much love I find myself having for them, no matter how little I thought I had for them at the points when I get severely tested by marital discord or when the children get sassy. Motherhood has completely transformed me.

No comments: