Thursday, May 25, 2006

What Makes A Mother

M is for the many times, I struggle to keep my cool.
O is for the birthing ordeal, that I had to go through.
T is for the trying moments, when I wish that I could sleep.
H is for the heart and soul, that I suddenly had to give.
E is for the extreme joy, that Sarah has given me.
R is for the reality check of such a responsibility.

For all those who wish to know - yup, motherhood has given me cause to laugh and definitely cause to cry. I never knew the amount of patience that I actually possess until I had Sarah. It is funny how anyone can imagine being ready for a baby; it is impossible to be ready for a baby until you have one. It has been a steep learning curve and I am still constantly learning, every single moment that I spend with my baby. Through her, I have learnt selflessness and unconditional love. It is challenging and trying most of the time - having her has forced me to grow up. Yet strangely, I find myself loving every single moment of it. =)

No comments: